This landscape design project is a great example of what can be done in a small outdoor area typically found in a townhouse or unit. You can still enjoy stunning low maintenance outdoor living in small spaces!The client brief stipulated the design of a quaint and contemporary garden oasis for this inner-city cottage. Due to limited mobility, the client wanted to achieve a polished and modern low maintenance garden with an alfresco outdoor entertaining area that fit her budget.
The MUD initial onsite consultation determined the inclusion of the following functional elements:
- A paved area at the front entrance.
- Feature garden incorporating, hedging, weeping tree, and other decorative elements.
- Privacy screening for the North West corner of the garden.
- Linking of the 2 outdoor areas.
- Outdoor dining area off the living room.
- Espaliered climbing jasmine, enveloping those in the garden in green while maintaining privacy.
- A rustic wrought iron bench for quiet enjoyment of the garden.
- A broken slate path seamlessly linking the 2 outdoor areas.
- Edible garden with seasonal herbs throughout, standard citrus trees and an olive tree.
- Lavish plantings of weeping cherries, lamb’s-ears, lavender, lines of standards roses and gardenias, and large feature pots containing spill over Dichondra Silver Falls, giving a cottage feel to the garden.
The completed formal cottage garden design incorporates structural elements, including timber decking, bluestone steppers and a raised garden bed. The outdoor areas have created new functional spaces for enjoyment, including an entertaining and dining area and our favourite feature, a secluded corner with bench for taking in the garden, reading or enjoying company. The home owners are looking forward to the joy it will bring them for many years to come!
Mark Tisdell surprised and delighted us with his innovative design. Consultations with Mark have been comfortable and he was always willing to discuss any of our reservations, queries and suggestions.
Mark Tisdell from MUD nailed it with the first design concept! And was able to bring this to life with detailed plans that enabled us to get a better idea of how it would look when finished.
I found Mark to be very courteous, polite, punctual and easy to work with. Mark provides a very high level of service and my garden is now an area that I can sit in, relax and enjoy.
We are loving our new garden and shed! Mark Tisdell from MUD was very accommodating, easy to work with, and listened to our design aims.
Meeting times were easy to arrange, plans were delivered as promised and his relationship with Aaron has certainly made the project uncomplicated to manage.
The level of service was great, Mark was available to answer the many questions we had regarding plant and materials along the way.
I couldn’t be any happier with the transformation. It has exceeded all my expectations!
We were very satisfied with MUD’s design process. Mark was willing to re design any detail until we were completely happy.
The garden, while a work in progress, is dramatically different and is already a joy to view. We are looking forward to seeing it mature!
This project changed the way our home and interior exterior living works. With a beautiful outlook from every angle and entertaining options for not just summer, but winter as well. We couldn’t be happier with the result!
I would highly recommend Mark Tisdell to anyone in need of a Landscape Architect.
Mark was flexible with meeting times, and comprehensive in resourcing materials and services for our building and gardening work.
I have already recommended Mark from MUD to a few friends!
We now have a wonderful and inviting garden and living area where we previously did not use the existing space!